Grove Central has topped off right next to the Coconut Grove Metrorail station.
It is the latest in a series of high-density developments being built along the Metrorail.
Grove Central will include:
- 400 apartments (including some workforce housing)
- 172,000 square feet of retail (Target and Total Wine have signed leases)
- 898 parking spaces
The developers had previously announced plans for multiple sustainability features.
The announced sustainability features included:
- 2 megawatt capacity solar panels
- Giant battery for nighttime energy usage, stored from solar
- Geothermal air condition using cold groundwater
- Waste-to-energy plant converting sewage into power, compost and water
- Groundwater and rainwater collection for cooling mist and landscape irrigation
However, renderings of the building posted at the construction site no longer show the solar panels as previously depicted, so it isn’t clear if they will still be installed.
Touzet Studio is the architect. Terra Group and Grass River Property are the developers.
Source: The Next Miami